Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Inevitable Bumps In The Road

I wrote my first two posts back in June, when I made the decision to pull Hambone from public school and I was all excited to start. As often happens, life got in the way. My hectic work week, plans to move to another state falling through, resistance from my ex-husband regarding my homeschooling decision, and just plain old stress kept me from creating anything for my fifth grader. I haven't really done much more than save bookmarks and stalk Pinterest. We haven't had as many learning experiences as I would have liked. We went to the Chrysler Museum of Art in Norfolk, Virginia. Hambone was unimpressed. That's okay. I'm not big on art, either.

I hate that I have to send him back to public school, but I'm also realistic. I'm a single parent, struggling in an area where decent jobs are hard to come by. I am thankful for my job, but it's not year round so every summer, I have to find temporary job, and it usually pays less than my regular job. To say I hate where I live is an understatement and moving is difficult, for a number of reasons.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am not homeschooling yet, but I am more convinced than ever that it is going to happen. If not in January, then definitely by the start of next school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment